20 Christian End Times Quotes
Eschatology (the study of the “end times”) is one of the big topics studied and taught today. We are in the end times, as the author of Hebrews states, “But as it is, He has appeared once and for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.” (Hebrews 9:26b) No one knows when Christ is coming back, but Christ warns us to be ready in the “Parable of the Ten Virgins” in Matthew 25:1-13. “Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.” (Matthew 25:13) Here are 20 quotes about the age we are in, the end times.
20. “what the situation will be like in the world before the Lord returns, namely, Christ will be despised, and the preachers of the Gospel will be regarded as fools.” – Martin Luther
19. “What will you see when the great event of Christ’s return takes place? You will see the eternal Son of God return in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. He will come to raise the dead saints and to change the living ones, to punish the wicked and to reward the godly.” – John Charles Ryle
18. “Christ will come again. Sooner or later there will be a separation of the visible Church into two companies; that will be a fearful separation. The wheat will make up one company. The chaff will make up another. The one company will be all godly. The other company will be all ungodly.” – John Charles Ryle
17. “For this time it will be God without disguise; something so overwhelming that it will strike either irresistible love or irresistible horror into every creature. It will be too late then to choose your side.” – C.S. Lewis (The Case For Christianity)
16. “But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power.” (2 Timothy 3:1-5)
15. “Such are the conditions prior to Judgment Day. We need to learn from this and not fret when we see these things happening, but say: Christ predicted beforehand that the world would become so savage, coarse, greedy, and so on. Well then! That's the way it is, and it is even going to get worse.” – Martin Luther
14. “For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now–and never to be equaled again” (Matthew 24:21)
13. “How sweet is rest after fatigue! How sweet will heaven be when our journey is ended.” – George Whitefield
12. “I don’t know what my future holds, but I do know who holds my future.” – Tim Tebow
11. “And so in the judgment day, the inquiry will be made not into our opinions or professions alone, but into our deeds, as proving the correctness of our faith and the sincerity of our professions.” – Bethune (The Fruit of the Spirit)
10. “When the day of recompense comes, our only regret will be that we have done so little for Him, not that we have done too much.” – George Muller
9. “At the day of Doom men shall be judged according to their fruits. It will not be said then, did you believe? But, were you doers or talkers only?” – John Bunyan
8. “The apostolic church thought more about the Second Coming of Jesus Christ than about death and heaven. The early Christians were looking, not for a cleft in the ground called a grave but for a cleavage in the sky called Glory.” – Alexander MacLaren
7. “In His coming the “last days” to which the Old Testament looked forward arrived, but they have not yet run their course; the Christian church is still living in this eschaton. Jesus’ first coming inaugurated it; His second coming will consummate it. The coming of Jesus was, therefore, the beginning of the end.” – R.T. France
6. “There is an intimate connection between the life of the Christian here and the enjoyment and the glory in the day of Christ’s appearing.” – George Muller
5. “Let us consider this settled, that no one has made progress in the school of Christ who does not joyfully await the day of death and final resurrection.” – John Calvin
4. “The immense step from the Babe at Bethlehem to the living, reigning triumphant Lord Jesus, returning to earth for His own people – that is the glorious truth proclaimed throughout Scripture. As the bells ring out the joys of Christmas, may we also be alert for the final trumpet that will announce His return, when we shall always be with Him.” – Alan Redpath
3. “Precisely because we cannot predict the moment, we must be ready at all moments.” – C.S. Lewis
2. “Jesus will come bathed in radiant splendor, enveloped within an atmosphere of indescribable brilliance, surrounded by the ear-piercing praise of angels and saints. Scintillating light shining from His eyes. Irresistible power pouring from His hands. None will deny His beauty or escape its transforming energy.” – Sam Storms
1. “The second coming of Christ shall be utterly unlike the first. He came the first time in weakness, a tender infant, born of a poor woman in the manger at Bethlehem, unnoticed, unhonored, and scarcely known. He shall come the second time in royal dignity, with the armies of heaven around Him, to be known, recognized and feared, by all the tribes of the earth.
“He came the first time to suffer – to bear our sins, to be reckoned a curse, to be despised, rejected, unjustly condemned and slain. He shall come the second time to reign – to put down every enemy beneath His feet, to take the kingdom of this world for His inheritance, to rule them with righteousness, to judge all men and to live forevermore.
“How vast the difference! How mighty the contrast!”
– John Charles Ryle
If you are a fan of quotes check out F&E's other quote articles, including our popular title 22 awesome Francis Chan quotes.
Resources- The Holy Bible, English Standard Version“Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.”, www.youtube.com,Photo Credit: Waiting For The Word via Compfight cc